Last spring I connected with several bloggers on a fun what’s on your playlist linkup. I love listening to music when I workout or run and tinker with my playlists every so often. Lately I’ve been running sans music as headphones are not allowed during our distance training program runs. Though I do still carry my tunes for shorter runs and other workouts.
In any event, I am looking ahead to my marathon playlist – just 2 short months from now (eek!) I need several hours of music and am looking for a little inspiration which is where YOU come in.
To join the “Give Me a Beat” Workout Playlist linkup: 1. Write a post sharing your Top 10 workout tunes (or number depends on you!) 2. Grab the badge above by clicking and right click to save. 3. Click the linky button at the bottom to add your blog post link and welcome to the par-tay. I’ll keep the link up open through January 31 to give you time to get those posts going and read others!
1. Only When I Walk Away – Justin Timberlake. When he performed this on SNL a few weeks ago, I had to download it immediately. And I did, not just the song but album 2 of 20/20 experience (already had album 1!!)
2. Story of My Life – One Direction. No judging 🙂 . Another SNL musical find. I’ve heard this song a couple of times and had NO idea who sang it. I am not ashamed!
3. Counting Stars – One Republic. I just love them. Since Apologize, my absolute favorite band.
4. Timber – Pitbull and Ke$ha. “It’s going down, I’m yelling Timber… you better move”. I may or may not have gotten caught bopping my head to this on public transportation.
5. The Monster – Eminem and Rihanna. Love this song.
6. Berzerk – Eminem. I just love Eminem. And bonus points for the Beastie Boys reference.
7. Do What You Want – Lady Gaga and R. Kelly. The beat of the hook alone has me hooked. And I love me some R. Kelly 🙂
8. Wild Ones – Flo-rida. Why do I always picture myself in a white frilly skirt shaking my hips when I hear this? Again, no judging 🙂
9. Love on Top – Beyoncé. I recognize she has a new album out but I love the sassiness of this song!!
10. Just Give Me a Reason – Pink and Nate Ruess. The tempo of this tune is a hair slower than most running songs but it hits me on a personal level and I always fall into a unique rhythm when it comes on. Love it!
Ok, BONUS TUNE:
Now, it’s your turn!!