Happy Friday peeps and Happy Race Day Eve for all my ZOOMA Annapolis runners!! I am looking forward to some FUN tonight and what is shaping up to be a beautiful day for a race 🙂
Today’s Friday Five we asked the question, “What’s In YOUR Gym Bag?!” I can’t wait to read the posts on this one! Please join me, Cynthia and Courtney as we delve into the good, the “bag” and the ugly (see what I did there?)
For starters, there are definitely more than 5 things in my bag. The contents also tend to vary based on the focus of my workout (cardio, strength, yoga, etc). So, I am skipping the sort of “obvious” things like shirt, pants, sports bra and shoes (besides, I’m a shoe hoarder and I couldn’t pick just one, the other pairs would be jelly!)
1. Lip Balm. For some reason I cannot keep enough moisture on my lips, regardless of the weather (so if anyone has suggestions, I’m all ears!) But, my favorite lip balm is without a doubt, Burt’s Bees. I buy them in packs and keep one in every purse, bag, jacket (and car) that I own. It’s a sickness really.
2. Face wipes. Since I’m on the Burt’s Bees bandwagon I use their moist towelettes immediately post workout or run. It can take me several minutes to get home and settled for a shower so I make sure to have a pack always in my bag.
3. Water Bottle. I love Camel Bak’s and have a few of them, but also have random label water bottles strewn about the house (ok, not literally). But like lip balm, I keep one everywhere. On my desk, in the car, on the nightstand, coffee table, gym bag. I drink water like it’s going out of style. (never)
4. Recovery Snack. Much like the towelettes, it can take me awhile to get home and settled post workout. Showering is the first thing I do when I enter the house so sometimes food needs to wait. While I’m traveling home I like to keep a snack handy to tide me over and start the recovery process. Lately I’ve been loving Kind Bars so always have them on hand.
5. iPod. Duh. I cannot get through a gym workout without my tunes!! Ok, I could but I don’t wanna. I recently bought a new iPod Shuffle (do you sense the blue theme here?) as it’s easier than dealing with an armband or resting my phone on the machine. I love making fun playlists based on my workouts.
What are some of your gym bag essentials? Anyone running or racing this weekend? TGIF!!!!