Last week Cynthia, Courtney and I met up for a long overdue DC Trifecta get together. We noshed on AH-mazing burgers from Thunder Burger and Bar in Georgetown (I keep looking for excuses to get us back there again) and did a little plotting which we dubbed a “business lunch”. (In addition to selfie shenanigans)
If you haven’t checked out the Friday Five Linkup page you might wanna head over there now (well, after you’re done reading this post!) as we set themes for the next few Friday’s through November (and beyond which we’ll release later). We know you guys like to get themes as early as possible – though it wasn’t always possible. I’ll munch on ginormous gourmet cheeseburgers (with bacon!!) every day all day just to make your Friday Five lives better. You’re welcome 😉
I admit, I don’t get into this holiday as much as others and certainly not since I stopped trick or treating as a kid but have listed 5 Halloween/costume themed races to compensate for any leftover candy:
1. Wicked 10K. From the same team (J&A Racing) that brings you Shamrock and Crawlin’ Crab this VA Beach themed run has been on my “to do” list for a while, timing just hasn’t worked out for me. Next year I swear.
2. Monster Mash Half. This is in Delaware and I was thisclose to registering for it last year but opted for Crawlin’ Crab instead. Located at the Dover International Speedway it just looks like FUN! There is also a full marathon option.
3. Super Hero Half. Ok, so this one is in May. I signed up a couple of years ago when they were trying to set a world record for most super hero capes in a race but had to cancel last minute due to illness. BOO! My friends went anyway so sad for me but it’s still in my cross hairs.
4. Hershey Half. AHH! I wanted to do this race this year but, well, marathon happened. While the race itself isn’t Halloween themed all finishers get tickets to “Hershey Park in the Dark” their premier Halloween experience. Chocolate and Halloween, what could be better?
5. Healdsburg Wine Country Half. Ok, all you had to say was wine and California and you had me. If you want to combine your love of vino with Halloween, check out this late October destination race. While I do not have my 2015 calendar even close to mapped out – this just shot up on the list.
Happy Friday folks! Anyone running or racing this weekend? In costume? Better yet – who’s going trick or treating?! 🙂