When I woke up yesterday morning I realized I hadn’t written or scheduled a Wednesday post. Oops. You know a marathon has done you in when you can’t keep up with your own self imposed schedule (not that there’s anything wrong with just skipping a day!). Still, largely uninspired on just one topic I stumbled upon the weekly linkup with Amanda at Running with Spoons entitled “Thinking Out Loud”.
This my friends is good. I can now let out a stream of randomness and hopefully, hopefully begin to get my mind back on track. Whew!
2) The other day I was reading my pal Suz’s blog and this post which talked about shaming others in all areas of life (though mainly fitness) and why we can’t just knock it off. She hit this one out the park and it’s a really good read worth sharing.
3) Suz’s post reminds me that until recently I was a member of a fitness blogging share group on Facebook. But then I was removed for not participating enough. I get it there are rules and a purpose for this kind of group. Here’s the thing though, I love blogging – I do, but I also have a day job. A “one that pays the bills and gives me luxuries to run and travel” job. And with the addition of marathon training I just couldn’t be everything to everybody all the time so a few things suffered. Sorry not sorry. And no, I have no desire to be added back in to the group at a later date – I’ll find another one!
4) Since I’m on this subject of blogging, sharing and shaming I say all the time to BE YOU, BE AUTHENTIC. We all want to learn and grow and no matter your page views or audience you are contributing something to the blogging world and that’s awesome. Do not allow others (or even yourself!) to define you based on your (or lack thereof) brand affiliations, stats, ad space, or how many campaigns you can secure. Just. don’t.
Metro Cooking DC is a 2 day event at the Washington Convention Center. Bobby Flay and Guy Fieri are doing demonstrations and I hear a Todd English sighting. I missed the deadline on Halloween for 20% off tickets buuuut I bought some anyway. Will I see any of you DC-ers there???
6) I’ve made some big life decisions recently. Nothing I can quite share (yet) but running for 5+ hours last weekend gave me a lot of time to “think”. That’s never good…
7) My 12 days of Blogmas was a big hit last year so I’m considering doing it again! I’ve already started working on a stocking stuffer giveaway, hmm…
9) Shoes. Specifically running shoes. I have been an Asics wearer a long time but thinking of switching it up a bit. Suggestions for a neutral runner who likes cushioning? Who’s a Mizuno fan? Convince me…
Tell me, what’s on your mind today?!
Happy Thursday!! Also don’t forget tomorrow is Friday so if you are linking up with the DC Trifecta, check out the Friday Five linkup page for theme details!!