Happy Friday! For today’s Friday Five post Cynthia, Courtney and I went with a theme of “What’s in My Gym Bag?!” This is a topic we introduced last spring and had a lot of fun with. Most of what is in my bag hasn’t changed much so you can rediscover that post here. Today I decided to take a few liberties with the topic. Since taking down the holiday decor I’ve been cleaning and streamlining all my “stuff” and look to deliver some donations this weekend. To that end instead of my “Gym Bag” I’m showing you “What’s in My Fitness Closet?!” And in case you’re wondering, I have a walk-in closet on the other side of my bedroom for “real clothes” 😉 no neglect going on over here!
1. Shoes. I’ve finally decided I don’t need 20 pairs of old shoes (ha!) Most of them are in the smaller pre-injury size so don’t fit or are worn. Right now I’m rotating between 3 pairs: Asics Gel Cumulus 16, Brooks Ghost 6, and my trail shoes (perfect for ice and snow!) Asics Gel Venture 4’s.
2. Recovery Tools. My Foam Roller is my best friend, particularly after long runs! And the “stick” works wonders for targeted areas. After my injury last year the Moji 360 massager has been a total life saver!
3. Compression Sock Drawer. There is no such thing as too much compression! I’ve tried just about every brand there is but my ultimate favorites are my pair of Vim&VIGR in Nautical Stripes. My Zensah’s and Feetures are a close second.
4. Long Sleeves and Thumbholes. Tell me I’m not the only one who organizes their clothes by length and type? Anyone? Bueller? What I’m loving right now is a magical find from Nordstrom Rack – this Marika running jacket (it was $25!!) which I wore on my 10 miler Sunday.
5. Yoga Mat. I’ve really gotten into Hot Yoga and Sculpt these days so my yoga mat alternates between the closet and the car. I try to wipe it down after a class but bring it home regularly to clean it along with washing my prAna Steadfast Mat Bag (which I love p.s. and by the way).
TGIF! Who has a long weekend ahead? Do you have a fitness closet or drawer? What’s in it?!