Goals are set, plans have been made. So what does the next few months for Mar on the Run look like?! Well for starters, I don’t have much of a race calendar. For me it’s about focused training, hitting my sub-2 hour goal and quality runs. Today also marks the start of my 2-post a week plan. But naturally I need to infuse a little fun and escape the cold!
So before my training starts in earnest for the April Fools Half, this weekend is half marathon #27 and a new state – #16 – Arizona!! My travel partner in crime, Kristy and I are hitting the dessert for Rock n’ Roll Arizona and it’s also a much anticipated meetup with my girl Helly. I haven’t trained for this race in the traditional sense. My off-season has been largely focused on weight loss and strength so this race is very much for fun in the sun 🙂 . I will start formally recapping my training for my next half but here’s how the last couple weeks have played out:
Week of 12/28:
- Monday: 3.5 mile run with the Ultimate Treadmill Workout. *review here if you missed it!
- Tuesday: Spinning @ Zengo Cycle
- Wednesday: Personal Training w/Jake @ Urban Athletic Club
- Thursday: Ringing in Hope 10K
- Friday: Power Hour spinning class @ Zengo Cycle (Happy New Year!)
- Saturday: REST. Though I like to stay somewhat active on rest days and managed to walk 3 miles
- Sunday: 7 mile long run
Week of 1/4:
- Monday: Hot Power Fusion @ Core Power Yoga
- Tuesday: 3 miles Ultimate Treadmill Workout + Personal Training w/Jake. He’s been working my hamstrings. Ugh.
- Wednesday: Hot Yoga Sculpt @ Core Power Yoga. My legs have been working overtime so added yoga sessions have been heavenly and much needed!
- Thursday: Personal Training w/Jake + 3 mile run
- Friday: REST
- Saturday: 10 mile long run
- Sunday: REST. Oh, that 10 miler wore me out. It’s my longest run in over a month and I felt it. I met up with a friend to walk around the NBC4 Health and Fitness Expo then added in a 2 mile power walk on the treadmill to get my steps in. I’ll share my love for the Fitbit in Friday’s post 😉 but had to get those 10,000 steps! I finished the day off with these… Real Salts from the Dead Sea!!
A photo posted by Mar on the Run (@marontherun) on
A couple of very busy weeks but a lot of good stuff happening. I was also recently named in Active Life DC as one of 100 Awesome People in the DC Fitness Community. Hey now! And as you may have already heard me announce or noticed in my sidebar: I have been selected for the 3rd year in a row as an official blogger for the Pittsburgh Marathon. I’m extremely excited about my hometown race in 2016 because it’ll be my 5th time running it!! Go big or go home, right? While I’m searching for sub 2 in New Jersey, Pittsburgh currently holds my 2:03 half marathon PR. I’m looking to beat that in May and if by chance I don’t meet my goal in April, I’ll try again a few weeks later.
I’m also working on a fun challenge for February! Time waits for no man and it’s gonna be a busy winter heading into spring. Can’t wait!
Are you training for – or gearing up to – a big race or event right now?